Thursday, October 11, 2007
Tagging on Deena's blog has made me want to elaborate on the two incidents that occurred to me, regarding people scratching then sniffing their armpits in public transport. And god forbid, it was not during the last train or bus ride home, when there's no one left but me and that disgusting one. It was relatively crowded when both incidents occurred.
First, it was a man in the MRT; i'm guessing he was in his 20's. Dressed shabbily, as though he had just woken up and went straight for the train. I mean come on, do you think we're dumb and ignorant? You simply don't put your hand through the sleeve of the other hand to scratch that armpit (which i'm assuming is probably as hairy as the Amazon or Taman Negara rainforests. or both combined, if you prefer it that way.) and than pretending to touch your nose like immediately. Nope, if you think that's your secretive, discreet way to self-check your body odour, it's not. Because I was staring right at you, and you pretended not to make eye contact and lo and behold, continued that icky behaviour. Sicko~
Ok, so maybe what he does matches with how he looked and dressed, but here's another. She was a teenager, for god's sake. I clearly recall this. It was night time, on bus 965. She looked so demure, sweet, probably about 16, and oh good lord. She did the exact thing! Maybe she had PE, before that, some sporty CCA maybe? Sweetheart, even if you had scratched, then pretended to tuck your hair behind your ear and then proceeded to sniffing those fingers, it shows; cos you did it repeatedly. You do look innocently sweet, but an armpit scratch-and-sniff on public transport is a big NO-NO, you sick bastards.
What is it with scratching and sniffing ey? If you happen to realise that you're stinky, what the hell can you possibly do anyway? You're in a public transport! Go grab a portable shower and bathe right there and then? Obviously not. So might as well save the embarrassment and quit humiliating yourself ok. And please, sniffing it, once, twice, fine. I'll shut my trap. But for a continuous 5min (maybe more) ? That's ridiculous. You smell. And that's it. Don't bother trying to "confirm" or "triple/quadruple/multiple check" whether or not you smell awful.
And speaking of armpits, I totally despise the fact that my depressingly short height is right at the level where my eyes and nose is almost always level with the average person's armpit. So don't even try to imagine the rainforests I've seen, or sweaty patches or pungent stenches I've faced with, during crowds in the trains. Isn't it just delightful to be both vertically AND horizontally challenged? My, my, joyful, I tell you. (:
Labels: EWWW
X O X O; 11:09 am